Scratched, Cut, What Should I Do?
Scratched, cut, what should I do?
1. A situation that can be handled by itself
If the wound is very shallow and there is not much bleeding, you can handle it yourself.
(1) Stop bleeding and clean the wound
After washing your hands, use a sterile gauze to press the wound for 5 to 15 minutes. Then rinse the wound around with clean water or saline.
(2) dressing, medicine
After cleaning the wound, disinfect it with iodophor.
If the wound is small, you can stick a band-aid. Large wounds can be covered with clean gauze, waiting for the wound to be naturally crusted. If the wound is slightly red and swollen and suspected to be infected, apply erythromycin ointment or mupirocin ointment to the wound.
(3) Timely dressing change
Band-aids and gauze are replaced on time. If they stick to the wound, they can be wetted with saline and gently peeled off. If it gets wet and soiled, it should be replaced in time.
(4) Pain relief
If the wound is very painful, consider taking an analgesic such as ibuprofen.
2. Situations that need to be handled by a doctor
If any of the following conditions occur, the military doctor should handle it:
(1) unable to stop bleeding;
(2) The wound is deeply wounded, and fat and muscle are exposed at the joint or at the wound;
(3) wounds caused by animal minions, sharp instruments with a dirty surface, or dirt at the wound cannot be removed;
(4) The wound does not heal for a long time or has redness and swelling, or symptoms such as redness, suppuration or persistent pain;
(5) The tetanus vaccine has never been injected, or it has been more than ten years since the last injection.
Before giving the doctor, you can preliminarily treat the wound yourself - rinse with water and pressurize with a clean gauze or towel. When the doctor is sent to the doctor, the injured area is higher than the heart level, which can reduce the blood outflow to a certain extent.
Do not apply salt, pickled food, powder, etc. to the wound, or use alcohol, iodine, red syrup, purple syrup, etc. to apply the wound.
How to prevent scratches and cuts?
1. Protect your training and tasks, such as wearing gloves and long-sleeved trousers.
2. The action can be slower, see clearly and act again, always pay attention to avoid falling and bumping.